We’re pleased to announce that copies of the first ever Lesson Six Newspaper is available for purchase from today from our Big Cartel. You’ll be able to get your hands on our first issue for £2 (or $3.3) plus shipping. Speaking of which, we are able to ship worldwide, although those outside the UK might have to pay a little more for international shipping.
Now that the admin is out the way, here’s what we’ve got in our inaugural issue:
- An introduction to Lesson Six and why we went to print
- Selling Magic Beans: The story of Modern Shark, so far. We talk to Baje One to find out what it’s like starting your own label and the trials and tribulations that come with it
- Take a tour of the surprising forms that hip-hop has diversified into
- Chat to a handful of artists, fans and activists on music piracy
- Share a few free download recommendations
- Chat to Ugly Duckling about their upcoming album “Moving At Breakneck Speed”
- Profile a few up and coming artists
- Review the latest releases by Lupe Fiasco, CunningLynguists, Blueprint, Atmosphere, My Son The Hurricane, Gorillaz, Dj Nu-Mark, Looptroop Rockers, Funk League, Elaquent & Del The Funky Homosapien.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved from Baje One, Ugly Duckling and the plethora of artists we contacted down to our writing and illustration teams.